365 Days of Ikebana-Day 190

The only fresh material I had today to work with was the “Mickey Mouse” anthuriums from Saturday’s workshop. I had a long list of things to do today, and I really should have put getting some fresh flowers and foliage at the top. But sometimes you have to work with what you have, and I did. I have a great driftwood branch that I love, and it seemed like a good start. Then I found a structure I had made months ago with cut pieces of rose stems, gold wire and white pearl and gold beads. It’a piece I made just to see what it would look like, and to try to see if I could recycle some of the discarded stems. They almost always go in the trash as they don’t break down very well in the compost. It’s been waiting to be used and tonight it really was the finishing touch I needed for this piece. Hooray for recycling and experimentation!!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *