Today I turned my exploration of materials towards filler flowers, the types of flowers that in western designs are used to cheaply take up space between more expensive showy blooms. I’m trying to get a different understanding of how I can use them in ikebana. After a trip to the grocery store for some flowers I tried using gypsophilia and limonium along with a few anemones. It’s going to take some work to really begin to use these materials effectively, and the only real way is to jump right in and just do it. I’ll definately add some of these flowers to my list of things to put in the garden this summer so that I can continue my work.