As promised I did an arrangement with some grasses, which I thought were bulrushes at first, and used them to make lots of straight lines. The patterns are much like the sails on the sailboats I’m seeing out on the Chesapeake Bay each day. I added some green and white variegated hosta leaves, a couple of still green sedum and two stems of lavender hibiscus. The naked lady lilies that I had wanted to use had been mowed down by a lawn mower. C’est la vie. The blooming material is a bit hard to find. However, there is so much green material here to work with and I have to admit I am almost overwhelmed with where to start. Perhaps the best way to approach it is to just dive right in and see what works and what doesn’t and go from there.