My daily work keeps drifting back to leaf manipulation, it’s a really dynamic way to add an interesting and different element to designs. Today I started altering a banana leaf to see if I could make it work, but I was trying too hard to make it fit with the arrangement I had started. I’m slowing learning to bend to the will of the materials, not have them bend to mine. So instead I cut a few aspidistra leaves, covered one with a few strips of double sided tape and wire, placed the other aspidistra leaf back to bak with the first and trimmed them to look like one stem. The I folded the leaf to give it some movement, added a dried sunflower and some balloon vine. The manipulated leaf was the element that brought the whole piece together, and I love this work.