A bouquet of flowers from the farmer’s market was the starting poing ot the ikebana arrangement I made today. The bouquet was filled with a spectrum of colors, as well as different shapes and textures. It was little overhelming, and I had to either select a few stems or figure out how to make it all work together. I selected a container and one of the hana dome that I had previously made of cherry branches and went to work. With so many flowers I could have done an arrangment showing mass, but then I didn’t want it to just look like a large mixed arrangement. I also wanted part of the hana dome to show as an element in the design, so I placed the flowers from the center flowing out the left side of the arrangement. It created some asymmetry and still showed off the nice work of the hana dome. Arrangements like this make me think about what I could have done better and they used to frustrate me a bit that they were not perfect, now I just see it as a learning experience to develop the eye and increase creative thought and process. The good news is that it is working!